{Headed Home Again with Memphis on my Mind}

Hitting the road has been a blast. {Little Peanut and Aunt S} have all had a great time together. Introducing old favorites to my little one has been such a sweet event.
Visiting my parents childhood homes has become a ritual for me, especially since neither home remains in our family. Whenever we visited my grandparents when we returned from Africa, these homes served as a refuge for our family as we integrated into life in the States.


While in Memphis we found ourselves running into old friends out and about. An unexpected treat for sure, and we quickly hijacked them to pick their brains for new and exciting places to visit. Thanks {LB} who just happens to follow the {PP}, yeah a fan from memphis! We Love All the Positive Feedback you keep sending our way.{Thank You}

We even roped one fun mama {MRF} to join us for a fun day of shopping. We quickly went to work expanding our palettes with endless tastings all around the city. We simply had to confirm for ourselves that the "best" word on the street would meet our {Picky} standards.  A few highlights of our trip are listed below, along with a few recommendations.

{All are Memphis Originals}

Shopping {just a snippet of my list}:
Joseph {best couture boutique}, James Davis,  Wink {cute mod.$shop}, Le FLEUR, Oak Hall {old school}, and Trouseau.

Dining:
Le Chardoney {romantic}, La Baguette {best pastries}, Ciao Bella {Great Italian}, Bellmont Grill {best burger}, Half Shell {best gumbo}, McEwen's, Spindini {Elfo Special & Lobster Pizza}, Memphis Pizza Cafe {gourmet}, Little Italy {NY Pizza}, Gibsons Donuts, Tops BBQ, Rendezvous {Charcoal Ribs}, Silky O'Sullivans {piano bar}, Blue City Cafe {Blues and beer}, Folks Folly {best Steak House}, El Porton, Owen Brennens {best brunch}, India Palace {tikka masala}, Cheesecake Corner, Bhan Thai, Arthur's Beer and Wine {fab store} and the hottest addition in town would have to be: Iris. Try one or try them all!  You will not be disapointed.

The list is far from complete, {one day is hardly enough time to experience Memphis} and I hope that next time we add to the list of Memphis favorites, my picky partner will be along for the ride.

HUGE Note: One confession, wierd but true, the first place I go to whenever I am in Memphis is a very unlikely joint as far as {picky pair} standards go, but it is one habit I have NO intention of ever breaking. I always go to DANVERS!!!! Only people from Memphis understand this obsession of mine and just smile as I insist that the trip doesn't really count until this happens. My second is the Very Famous, not to ruffle and feathers in the BBQ world, but the Best BBQ comes from TOPS. The name suits the joint perfectly - it's simple but it's the tops!!! 
{I also only like to go to the original locations of these two local joints}