{Our Local Pick of the Week - Mykonos Greek Grill}



Our local pick of the week is certainly not a new establishment in Chattanooga, but neverless an important find. Great authentic Greek food is the reason this half of the Picky Pair keeps returning time after time, and I have been anxious to intruduce this local hidden treasure to my sidekick forever! I have always been a seeker of the authentic hidden treasure in all of my travels far and near {it's just my thing}. Expanding your palette is always my goal and I encourage it all the time.

{The Picky Pair strives to encourage our children to try new food too, from Indian and Thai to a sophisticated profiterol or even a wheat grass smoothie, all are enjoyed with enthusiasm rather than speculation, we would expect nothing less of ourselves.}


A few of the specialties we each enjoyed at Mykonos Greek Grill are favorites by all who try them. The previous owner Hanna Gussien {now retired to the sunny state of Florida} has left her recipes, as well as a cult following in the very capable hands of her friend Mike Asaba. I have to say the falafal was amazing, and Mike promises to cook up a fresh batch when he sees either of us enter the door. From the Gyro with Hannas Secret Sauce , hummus, tabouli, and even the amazing falafals, all are homemade and are simply delicious.


Located in the Old Chattanooga bank building across from Fischer Evans downtown, Mykonos Greek Grill is sure to please, the portions are hearty and can easily be split, messy and delicious. {A small note: The grill closes at two o'clock and is not open on the weekends.} A popular lunch spot with the downtown crowd, the line can be long but it is definitly worth the wait. Call ahead if you are in a rush and get your order to go, dining instead at the a park down by the river.

Hope to run into you next time I need to get my falafal fix, and my picky partner succumbs to her craving for the best Gyros in town.