The Picky Pair {Cozy Inside}

It's in the wee hours of the morning that I have time alone. My Picky Partner makes the most amazing sweet rolls and lately I have been inspired to try my hand at homemade breads like my grandmother and mother would make. The boy's especially love something warm with a little sweetness to it, so I have been baking goodies and sharing them with friends for feedback. I hope you will all enjoy the recipe below. It is simply perfect for a holiday morning with family!!!

Amaretto-baked French Toast

3 eggs
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons amaretto
1 loaf brioche bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 tablespoon butter (for greasing your baking dish)
1/2 cup pecans
maple syrup for serving

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla & amaretto. Add brioche cubes and let mixture soak for 5 minutes. Spoon into a 9” x 12” well greased baking dish; sprinkle with pecans. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden. Pour maple syrup over & serve (because surely they will all be awake & waiting!).

* images & recipe via Sweet Paul, flickr, & we heart it