The Picky Pair {Memories of Italy}

It was after a talk the other night I found myself looking through photos of one of the last trips I took with my family, to Italy. It is a trip that we refer to in our family as "the trip we never took". The art and architecture and gardens seemed to keep calling to all of us. {The evenings called to us, we would ditch parents and seek out the local culture} My brother has a way of finding the hidden jewels in any city. Looking back I am grateful for the trip, my brother and I had a wonderful time reconnecting. This trip with my brother, inspired me to follow in his footsteps and blaze my own trail across Europe that very next year. Italy was were we began and ended our trip. I look forward to the next time we visit Italy. I long to seeing the world through the eyes of my children. I hope the journey will inspire them with a love of travel and diverse cultures, in the way travel inspired me and my brother, so long ago.
An amazing view from Le Sireneuse. The best traditional drink, a Negroni (his new favorite drink; now he orders it everywhere we go) and I got a crisp white wine. The sun was setting, one of those perfect life moments
{Landmark of the Architectural Landscape in Rome: Colosseum}
"Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends." ~ Maya Angelou