{December 20th - one of my favorite days}


December 20 just happens to my my mama in Montana's birthday, as well as my {Picky Partner}. I consider this a day where God gave me two of my favorite people in the world - what a lucky day for me. I love them both - happy happy birthday to both of you!!

As we prepare to wrap our git purchases this weekend, here is the most incredible gift wrap diy project E-V-E-R, carefully crafted by the fabulous Summer Watkins over at Grey Likes Weddings. I so wish I would have seen this before I mailed my gifts to Montana! No matter what's inside your packages this year, big or small, this is sure to stand out under the tree and to your loved one. Take the time to make it special, and the love will go further than the gift itself.


So the DIY is for the center row image on the left, the adorable fabric pom. It’s SO freaking cute, I only wish I had thought of it myself. Plus, it’s like…ridiculously easy. Here’s the goods:

Materials:

1-2 yards of ribbon in various tones, about 2″-3″ in width Miscellaneous material, such as burlap, knit sweaters, etc… Twine

1. Cut several pieces of ribbon in 3″-5″ increments, depending upon desired size of your finished pom. Do the same with material, sweaters and burlap.

2. Make a large stack, alternating each color and type of material. Using your twine, tie a very tight knot around the center of the entire stack.


3. Cut your ribbon into smaller strips, keeping the center uncut. Separate and pull strips apart to make your completed pom!

mages by Jenny Liu

Make sure to check out Grey Likes Weddings for more DIY projects and inspirations.