{Wedding: Southern Grace at the Amangani}


What better way pause in the middle of this rainy spout in Chattanooga {we're anticipating fall's arrival and praying for rain through the weekend} than to shift thoughts westward to a breathtaking wedding from Carrie Patterson Photography? I happened upon these photos after a visit to Southern Weddings Magazine {who also hosted a social media conference I attended last spring in Pensacola, Florida}. The soft pinks, creams and sage florals came from Lily & Co. {check out our Picky Picks to the left}, and highlight the absolutely gorgeous location at the Amangani Resort. I just celebrated my 6th wedding anniversary, and have a fondness for the Amangani since I was proposed to there on New Year's Eve 7 years ago! But back to Sarah and Jesse's wedding...This was a gentle Southern overlay on the rustic western setting of the resort, and the combination works beautifully. I am in love with the wedding cake from Jackson Cake Company {vintage + peonies + cake = heaven!}, as well as the floral balls floating in the infiniti pool. The views are amazing, and the pictures capture what can only have been a more gorgeous event in person.

{On a more personal note, my husband and I often look at each other and wonder why we moved to the South - as lovely a it can be - when we lived in such an amazing little town. It's always refreshing to return to the west and reconnect with people who are the salt of the earth and where someone's word stands for something. Wouldn't that be nice if it rang true for all people?}