{Picky in Montana}

I made my annual trip home to Montana nearly a week ago, and with three kids in tow, and I feel like it's taken me nearly this long to recouperate from the trecherous plane ride and adjust to the two hour time difference. I remember when I thought it was tough to fly alone, but hauling oversized carseats {why are they soo heavy!?}, multiple carry-ons, DVD players and worrying about feeding three little ones on 7 hours of flying just sounds exhuasting! Whew - but I am here, happy and loving the break from Chattanooga's horrible humidity.

I have always loved coming home. It's the same house I've been in since I was 10, and it just feels right to be here. The mountains surround the entire valley that our home sits in, and the views are, well, just amazing. Everything is green, the skies are bright blue and so clear at night. It's not dark until almost 11 p.m., and the sun peaks at around 5 a.m. But once it's dark, there are more stars in the sky than you thought were possible. We were out on the boat late 4th of July watching the fireworks from both sides of the bay, and the kids were in awe! There's nothing like your first midnight boatride on the Flathead. I can even remember seeing the Northern Lights shooting through the dark sky when I was a kid...

Enough writing for now! Here are a few shots of the kids around the house, playing with cousins who are up from Nevada, my younger brothers and the dogs, Hunter and Pickle. I'll share our 4th of July Parade photos next!



{adler riding smoothie the paint horse for the first time}

{sweet sierra and baby bridger}

{at Fazoolis - a delicious family-style italian bistro in Lakeside}

{the girls on the slip-n-slide on the front yard. COLD well water!}

{papa and blake driving the boat}

{my brother jake and nephew stephen on the big tube on flathead. they weren't on there long!}